Family planning and sexual health
There is a family planning and sexual health clinic at Ysbyty Gwynedd. If you would like to use this service you do not need to be referred by your GP.
The clinic is completely independent of the surgery, with its own confidential notes. We will not be informed of any visits without you giving your consent at the clinic.
They can inform you of test results via text messages.
They offer the following services:
- Advice on contraception, and a prescription if needed; fitting the coil or implant
- Emergency contraception (morning after pill)
- Infection screening
- Women’s health, including investigating painful periods and pelvic pain
- Advice on abortions, and referrals if needed
- HIV services, including PrEP
- Sexual health advice, including referrals for psychosexual therapy.
The British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS) is a charity that offers abortion services. It offers counselling, advice on your options, arranging the treatment, and support after any treatment.
They are completely separate from GP’s, and you do not need to be referred. We as GP’s can offer advice and support, but if you do decide to have treatment, we will advise you to self-refer by phoning BPAS.
The nearest clinic is in Llandudno, and appointments need to be arranged.
Their phone number is 03457304030.