Stoping smoking is probably the most important change to your health you can make. If you stop you will feel healthier and be able to do more, not only now but later on in life too. With the average price of a packet of cigarettes now being £12.73 your wallet or purse will also feel healthier!
There are many services available in the community that can help you quit, each one increasing your chances of succeeding.
Help me Quit
By contacting Help me Quit you can access NHS services which can increase your chances of quitting by up to 300%!
They can offer;
- Free confidential and non-judgemental support from a stop smoking expert
- Support that is either face to face or over the phone
- Support that is either one to one or a meeting with other smokers
- Weekly sessions tailored to meet your needs
- Monitoring your progress
- Access to free stop smoking medication
Click here to go to their website or call free on 0808 163 3657.
Your local pharmacist can discuss your needs and give you advice on medications that can help you stop. On some pharmacy’s websites you can also use an online tool to establish what can help, and have medications delivered to your home with no delivery charge.
You will have to pay for some of the medications that they recommend, and others will need a prescription from ourselves.