Social resources logo

Social support

Anglesey County Council Social Services logo

Council Social Services

Social Services provide support to disabled or older people in order to promote independence and wellbeing. They can provide information, advice or signpost you to other services in the community. Where necessary, they will organise social care services.

These services include:

  • Residential homes
  • Nursing homes
  • Independent living accommodation
  • Respite
  • Home care
  • Occupational therapy (organising equipment and sometimes home improvements)

To organise an assessment for yourself or someone else, click here.

In an emergency call 01248 752752, or 01248 353 551 out of hours.

Môn Community Link logo

Môn Community Link

Môn Community Link runs a Social Prescribing service for people over the age of 18 living on Anglesey.  The service could help if you are experiencing any of the following:

  • Feeling socially isolated
  • Wanting to improve physical health
  • Lacking confidence
  • Needing to find some practical support and information to improve your situation.

Their team of Local Asset Coordinators will:

  • Work with you to identify activities and community services in your area that suit your interests
  • Offer support for you to access these activities and services
  • Help you to improve your well-being, confidence and independence.

You can refer yourself or others by using the self-refer portal here.

For more information you can visit their website here.

Môn Care and Repair logo

Môn Care and Repair

Gofal a Thrwsio Gwynedd a Môn is a charity which aims to ensure older people can live independently in warm, safe and accessible homes. Services include helping to improve, repair or adapt homes and are available to individuals aged 60 or over, or of any age with a disability. Some services may be chargeable dependent on eligibility.

Services include:

  • Personal support when dealing with building work
  • Liaising on the client’s behalf
  • Helping to fill in forms
  • Signposting to other services who can help
  • Advice and Information
  • Advice on grants and funding options
  • Advice on heating and energy
  • A complete welfare benefit check to ensure receipt of full entitlements
  • Rapid Response Adaptations Programme: a service offering works for people who are in hospital awaiting discharge, have recently been discharged from hospital or at risk of being admitted to hospital or into a care home.

Click here to access their website or call 01286 889360.